Every day has its own sunset, and in much of the same way so does every year. In honor of the ending of 2018, here’s a quick yet flavorful cocktail to help you celebrate the old going out and the new coming in.
As a final recipe for 2018, I’d like to make a suggestion for a cocktail that’s simple, flavorful and immensely enjoyable. However, there has to be something about it that’s rooted in nature, and I can’t think of a more fitting final recipe for the year than something that celebrates the awe inspiring sunsets we get on an almost daily basis out here on the Mendonoma Coast.
So, if you should find yourself in the Mendonoma area (or want to transport yourself there), be sure to head on over to Surf Market to get a bottle or two of Seedlip, some Gruet Sparkling Brut Rosé and the rest of the supplies you’ll need!
Stay tuned to this channel over the next few weeks as I whip up Seedlip cocktails, mocktails and even a few surprises that will bridge the gap between your glass and your dinner plate.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES ● SERVES 1
- Flute or Coupe
- Cocktail shaker
- 1 bar spoon of fine grain sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 ounces Seedlip Spice 94
- 2 ounces Gruet Sparkling Brut Rosé
- Put the sugar, lime juice, Seedlip Spice 94 and the ice cubes into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously, then pour this into your glass.
- Carefully pour in the Gruet Sparkling Brut Rosé.
- Garnish, and enjoy immediately.
Feel free to experiment and explore different Sparkling Wines and citrus juices to “shake up” this refreshing cocktail to your hearts content.